How to access and use your power – so that everyone benefits
A two day workshop to help us stay grounded and powerful even in the most challenging situations
I’ve recently been hearing people talk about their experiences with hospital consultants. A common theme – from an admittedly small sample – was feelings of frustration and powerlessness. They said things like:
‘He didn’t listen to me’
‘It was as though I didn’t matter’
‘I don’t trust that the consultant understood what it was like for me’
And this set me thinking about ‘power’:
- What is it?
- Who has it?
- How do we experience it?
- How we access our own power?
- What leads us to give away our power?
- How do we influence people?
- Why is it so difficult to ‘speak truth to power’?
Pondering these questions, I realised just how helpful NVC can be in helping us:
- access our own power
- use it constructively
- hold on to it even in the face of others’ use of their power.
The result: A two-day workshop
Join me to:
- explore how we think about power
- delve into how we experience powerful people
- reflect on what influences our ability to access our own power
- practice, practice, practice how to recognise our power and use it to benefit ourselves and others.
I’m scheduling the workshop on two days separated by a period of two weeks. This, I believe, will encourage us to think, explore and experiment and come back for the second day with new insights to share.